Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hell freezes over

I plan to post some more reviews of the stories in the Lucky or Unlucky Anthology. I'm somewhat later than I planned in getting to them. But I will.

In the interim, I just had to post this.

Yes, Hell has frozen over. It's Hell, Michigan, and this image is now on Hell's Facebook page.

It's been a crazy winter already. Just before Christmas, we lost power for three days due to the ice storm that blanketed the whole region. And since then, we've been hearing frost quakes. I'd never heard of a frost quake, not until this year. Now, I've been startled by quite a few. The sharp crack sounds like the house is splitting.

We've just gotten through a polar vortex, we have more snow than usual, and today it's supposed to go well above freezing. So, I guess flooding is next.

I wonder when the locusts are due to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment